Friday, January 15, 2010

Warm Thoughts, for a Cold Day

January in Eastern Canada is COLD. It is a time for curling up with a hot cup of coffee, and a good book or for having tea and a chat with  friends. In my house it is a time for playing board games, drinking cocoa and doing puzzles with the family. It is also a time when I do my most thinking about pots. These past weeks I have been musing on the relationship between the pot and its user. The conversation between the person, and the vessel intrigue me.
I have a very diverse collection of pottery drinking vessels in my cupboard. Some were made by me, and others were made by potters from around the Atlantic Provinces. Each cup, tumbler or teabowl has a story, a purpose and  a special meaning to each one of us. And they are all different.



No comments:

Post a Comment